Here at Reeves Electrical, our priority is offering safe and effective electrical solutions to people all over Melbourne. Since the outbreak of COVID-19, it has become essential to implement strict new hygiene measures to ensure the wellbeing of both our staff and our valued customers. Currently we are still operating and servicing the community, so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you require electrical support.
Keep reading to learn how we are working to protect your during this time.
What you need to know about Coronavirus
COVID-19 or ‘Coronavirus’ is a respiratory virus that can cause infection in the lungs, throat and nose. Cases can range from mild to severe and symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing and tiredness.
As COVID-19 can be spread from person-to-person and by coming into contact with contaminated objects and surfaces, it is essential to practice great hygiene during this time. This includes:
- Regularly washing hands with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds, especially after coming into contact with unsanitised surfaces or people outside your household.
- Self-isolating by only leaving your house for essential activities, such as grocery shopping, medical appointments, caring for dependents or attending work where working from home is not possible.
- Keeping 1.5m distance between you and any other person outside of your household.
We’re enforcing strict safety and hygiene measures
In response to government regulations and in an attempt to keep our team and customers safe, Reeves Electrical has implemented a range of important safety and hygiene measures. For the foreseeable future, we will be:
- Asking all clients whether they have been showing symptoms of the virus or have recently travelled overseas before booking appointments.
- Ensuring our staff keep 1.5m between each other and customers at all times, including travelling to and from jobs in separate vehicles.
- Instructing our staff to regularly wash their hands with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Ensuring that any staff who develop symptoms of COVID-19 or who have recently returned from overseas travel self-isolate and do not return to work.
With these measures in place, we are confident that we can continue offering electrical solutions to our valued clients, especially those who require increased electrical resources – such as data cables, power points, TV connections and security systems – due to working from home.
How you can save electricity while working from home
As more and more people are now working from home, we understand that reducing your electricity bill as much as possible is a priority. For this reason, here are a few tips on how you can minimise electricity consumption over the following weeks and months:
- Use a smart power strip for your essential electronics such as printers, laptops, chargers and phones. This ensures that those items that are on ‘standby’ aren’t drawing too much power while not in use.
- Try to minimise your use of lights as much as possible.
- Unplug your phone or laptop charger once it is fully charged rather than leaving it plugged in.
- Try to avoid leaving the air-conditioning or heating on all day.
Get in touch with us today
Despite this difficult time, the team at Reeves Electrical remains your go-to professionals for all electrical solutions. Contact us today to enquire about how we can help you with your work from home electrical needs.